Monday, December 14, 2009

The Weekend

Last night I went to the Wrex the Halls concert. I have seen all the bands I stayed for last night before (Thrice, 30 Seconds to Mars, and Rise Against), and ended up leaving before seeing (what would have been my third time), the amazing AFI. Sorry, Davey.

I did meet Jared Leto before. What a cool guy. He's a pretty fun performer when you see him live -- I mean, he freakin' ran all over the floor (lucky people down there!), climbed up stairs, was jumping, playing, and belting out some pretty sweet notes the whole time. Plus, you know, he's hot. It's just funy to see the same dude from "My So-Called Life" and "Requiem for a Dream" (both of which I love) looking hot and coherent and amazing on stage. Not that "Jordan Catalano" wasn't amazing. Ha! Anyway, there he is a couple of years ago (below in the front, wearing the black fedora). You might be able to see me somewhere in the back. I did shake his hand, though!!



Anyway, me and Boo rode the trolley just for the hell of it. It's almost worth it not dealing with parking and traffic, plus I hadn't been to the SDSU trolley station (bad alumna, right?) ...



I guess that is my attempt at artsiness with a cell-phone camera.

Backtracking to Friday, V, J and D and I all went to the secret, not-so-secret Prohibition downtown. It was pretty fun, and we sure as heck ended up staying there forevvver and got some funny pics (on Facebook) out of it! Funny that it's got this whole hyped-up theme/vibe, and then my online bank statement says I went to Sloppy Joey's (which is right nextdoor). Same owners, I guess! It was pretty cool that they had a jazz band/jazz singer, all of whom were very nice!

To end the night/start the morning, Vanessa and I watched some "Felicity" at around 3 a.m. Not really sure why, but it was funny!

Here's to starting the week getting back in GYM mode, eating healthy again (please make all the chocolates in the office go away!) and staying busy 'til another packed weekend is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment