Thursday, December 17, 2009

Is it weird that I take pictures of food?


Yum yum, plain yogurt with apricots and orange-flavored dried cranberries (yes the ones from work). I am trying to kick up the health notch to balance out all the chocolate that's been cropping up around the office. Compared to how I can be, I've been pretty good about avoiding sweets-overload.

So, back to the title of this post, if it is weird, then some apologies are in order, and I can stop wondering whether certain things I do (like taking pictures of food) are weird. Maybe I just have a passion for all things edible ... that, or an unhealthy (or, in the above picture's case, healthy) obsession.

Regardless, my love for food faced an unprecedented challenge the other night: a kitchen nightmare.

It all began with a lovely pasta dish. The noodles had just been submerged in boiling water, the veggies for the sauce (which I, for some reason, refer to as "pizza sauce," even though it isn't in the slightest like pizza) were in the choppin' works, and the garlic was simmering in a pan. What's this? The sink is draining extra slowly? No worries, let's just turn on the garbage disposal ... except that causes a water-spewing display that would make the fountain at Balboa Park jealous.

Long story short, the next morning, my kitchen was FLOODED. Like, opening-a-drawer-that's-full-of-water flooded. Aaand, water got under the carpet, so currently, carpet crews are replacing the padding underneath the carpet. This means that even though I have a few more weeks of living there, everything is boxed up and moved around, and it pretty much looks like I'm about to hit the road.

Now, enjoy some more pictures I've taken and saved (how sad, right?) of FOOD:


Seriously, Ireland, this is your idea of a "breakfast sandwich"?


This is more like it. Guess it's 'cause it's not from a train station ...


A much fancier version of what I just made myself for lunch.


Mmm, Griffin's Bakery in Galway.

Yeah, those were all from Ireland, and that's not even all of the pictures I took of food while I was there ...

So, to end, finally, here is one just for fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment