Friday, December 4, 2009

ANNOYING STRANGERS

Random man in the Parking Lot: "Excuse me, Miss; you dropped something."
Me: (stopping, looking down) ::confused look::
Random man in the Parking Lot: "Your smile. Have a great day!"

WTF. Seriously? Sorry, I'm in a hurry and I don't have a dopey grin on my face. I can't tell you how many people have told me I look pissed off when I'm walking. I walk fast, I am nonexpressive when not engaged with other people, and I have terrible vision without glasses (note to self: make eye-doctor appointment to get contacts). Ugh. And then "Have a great day!" -- yeah, A-hole, that's really going to turn my day around. Actually, it did turn my day around ... from good to really irritated. Do I have a sign over my head that says "Please talk to me, even if I don't know you"? Because it happens to me a hell of a lot. Just a couple of weeks ago, I went to order Mexican food at the taco shop by work, and this guy was in there with his female coworker (both wearing scrubs) and just started talking to me, sat down next to me while I'm waiting for my food (umm, hello?!) and would NOT accept the fact that I did NOT want one of his onion rings. Then he starts telling me to smile, and how he just loves to talk to people and make people happy ... really, guy? Because it certainly is having the opposite effect on me. Geesh!

Ughh. At least now I am eating Rubio's in the comfort of my own, secluded office-space in the corner :) I'm not anti-social ... just irritated with people who think it's OK to make comments like that to strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment