Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trying not to seem self-absorbed. 'Cause I'm not.

I am on the workout kick of a lifetime right now. I'm actually kinda bummed about my company's happy hour tonight 'cause I wanna go workout! It is the end-of-the-year / holiday party, though, so I am going. I am getting some fierce abs and glutes, though (finally!), and being as motivated as I've been the past couple of weeks makes me wonder how I ever manage to fall into those lazy, anti-gym slumps! (Although, when those slumps hit, I wonder how I ever get into the gym kicks!)

Anyway, a monster Super Sport 24-hour is set to open next week, and it will be on the way home (once I move back there) from work, so I'm really looking forward to that. However, I believe my membership currently covers Sport and below. So that means I'll need an upgrade. Just wondering if anyone out there has been to a Super Sport and whether they're really head-and-shoulders above Sport. Might be worth it just to have a new gym that's closer than the others.

In other vain news, my lovely friend and hairdresser Michelle totally fixed my long-overdue-for-a-dye hair the other night! Lots of bright brunette colors, still blonde highlights, too. I like it. Now that my hair is growing. It seems it's been really improving growth- and thickness-wise lately. That could be due to a number of things, some of which I think are:

  • Sulfate-free shampoos and Conditioners;
  • Eating meat for the past couple of years after having been vegetarian for four;
  • Less stress (very likely NOT though); and/or
  • Pattern of hair growth (I've read somewhere that hair grows in patterns and can take a couple of years off of growing regularly, etc.)

    Anyway, there's a very tempting invite to go to a 1920s-themed, secret/password-protected bar whose location you can only know by inquiring with a Web site. I'm being selfish, so I really don't want to post it for everyone, haha. If I go, though, I will definitely review it, provide the link and everything! We need more cool places like that around here -- or maybe, I just need to know of more places like that around here! :-)

    One last thing -- this cat from icanhascheezburger looks JUST like my cat, Missy, except short-haired. Lip-snarl and all! Crazy!

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment