Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pumpkin and stuff

I have officially, painfully decided to move back home for the sake of paying all my crap off and saving money for either travel or homeownership.

Not only will I save in rent, but also gas and electric, cable, groceries ...

But I will miss living by myself, and I'm sure I'll want out again pronto. Hoping time flies by in that respect.

In happier (for me) news, I made some delicious oatmeal this morning: pumpkin, oatmeal, honey and cinnamon. It honestly tasted like I was eating some fancy little seasonal-Starbucks thing for breakfast! Yummm.



Nutrition value of pumpkin is pretty good too, which is great for me 'cause I love it. Granted, it was from a can, but still. It boasts Vitamins E, B6, A and C, and also fiber, Pottasium and low fat, to name a few.

Please be advised that this picture does not do it justice, and truthfully, might make it look a little less appealing than my description. But it was delicious and nutritious ("... and I made it for the family that I -- looove.") Trivia Question: In which lovable '80s/'90s series can that lyric be heard? Answer: Full House. Author? Danny Tanner a.k.a. Bob Saget a.k.a. raunchy old guy. It's when a bunch of 'em are sick and he makes them lunch ... "tunafish and salad" came before the "delicious and nutritious." How I know all this? Tooooo much TV as a kid, and apparently nothing better to do. Wow! That was a tangent!

1 comment:

  1. I second both aspects of this post- parents & pumpkin!

    Living back at home may not be the coolest, but it's worth it in the savings. We're both motivated people, so I'm sure you too will be out on your own as soon as you're able.

    Pumpkin oatmeal is THE BEST. I make this concoction year-round. Try adding a little vanilla protein powder too, yummmm.

    ReplyDelete