Monday, November 16, 2009

Hiking, cookies, sitting on my arse

I didn't do a whole lot this weekend, which is kinda what I intended. I baked pumpkin-chocolate-chip cookies Friday night while watching my all-time favorite movie, "Bend it Like Beckham," for about the bazillionth time. I don't know why I love that movie so much! The cookies turned out delicious, but next time I think I might try cutting down on the butter -- they definitely didn't need all of that, and it would definitely be healthier with less. The next morning, I worked off all that dough with a new hike up Cowles Mountain ... the back/service-road way, which was really refreshing compared to the way my friend and I always took -- up the front, along with everyone and their mothers. So crowded. Anyway, this "new" way (for us) was pretty freakin' steep, and the next day, I was feeling the soreness -- in ONE buttcheek only. How does that happen? Haha. This way was one of my new favorites because it was quicker, way less-crowded, and it was maybe a better, if not an equal to, workout.

I went to Costco after some hiking and Jamba with Rachel to meet up with my family -- Costco trips with your parents are a blessing when you're out of nearly all the daily essentials. Plus, samples are always exciting.

Anyway, not much else to say since my weekend was so low-key, but I'm excited for next week being a three-day workweek (with the last two paid and off!) ... not to mention food, shopping, and sleeping in. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment