Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back-fat

The little sister and I went to 24 S.E.T. last night with a teacher I've never been to, and she had us lay on the step to do a ton of arm work (sore all over) but, apparently, I need more back-fat ... sparing the pictures, I have red sores all down my spine from simply laying on the step while doing weight work.

So, in honor of gaining back-fat (haha, joking mostly) here is a post semi-dedicated to food:

When we got home around 8, we were starving, indecisive, and basically just spontaneously ended up making one of the most delicious meals we (I've) cooked in a long time:


Salmon burgers on thin-whole-wheat buns with cheddar cheese, seasoned/cooked mushrooms and onions, tomatoes, lettuce and dijon mustard; sweet-potato and yam fries seasoned with pepper, garlic, and a little bit of chili powder; black beans. (And yes, that is a potholder with my tiny preschool-sized hand circa 1990.)


I was skeptical about this snack after constantly seeing it in those "healthy snacks omg!" articles in magazines/on the Internet, but seriously, whole-wheat Ritz with cheese and apple slices piled on top is so so good, and quite filling, too.


Another experimental lunch that I was pretty hesitant to eat when it came time to it, but was actually pleasantly surprised: Spinach leaves with feta cheese, peppered tomato slices, pasta and a little bit of sesame dressing.

Also, my sister is creeped out by my newest horticulturesque obsession:


I am just SO stoked that my avocado seeds are finally sprouting!! I've tried and (self-proclaimedly) failed numerous times to suspend these little guys over water in hopes of beginning my own avocado-growing family ... I guess I just didn't wait long enough before, because this time, they took weeks. It's just so cool how something so weird-looking actually works. I mean, shoving in toothpicks, suspending the seeds over water so that it's halfway emersed? Kinda weird. But then the seeds start splitting to reveal a little plant membrane inside, and the one I'm holding in the picture (which you can't see very well) has a stem coming out of it (top part of the seed).

So there you have it. My exciting life. I feel scratchiness in my throat right now, have congested ears, and am sneezing more than normal, so I'm gonna start the Airborne attack and hope that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment