Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2nd Resolutions

Well, in my mind, it's still New Years Day -- had the traditional German-superstitious meal of sauerkraut, potatoes and (what is supposed to be pork but tonight turned into) fried chicken -- but since it's just about 1 a.m., I guess it's technically the second. Oh well. I don't usually list out resolutions, and I doubt anyone else is really interested in what I want to improve on, but I figure if I make this list "live" on the Internet, I'll be more motivated to keep my word on things. So, in no particular order, here are some things I'd like to improve on:

  • Dress nicer for work. It's hard sometimes to conjure the motivation to pick out a cute, professional outfit at 6 a.m. when I know that I'll be sitting in a freezing office, not interacting with the public (usually) all day. But the fact is, I really like my job and respect all of my co-workers and my company, and I feel that I am very professional in all other aspects of my job, so my attire should also reflect that.

  • Walk my dogs more. This might sound funny, but it's something they love, and I love them and want them to be physically healthy too. They have a big yard to run around in all day, but they really enjoy and need to be walked more. I love my animals to pieces -- they are like super dependent family members, hehe.


    Cody


    Winnie

  • Work out more and eat healthier. I'm pretty good about sticking to a regular workout routine, but I've had lazy slumps and horrible eating habits a lot more than I'd like to lately (thanks, holiday festivities). This is something pretty much everyone resolves to do, and with good reason. What better age than now to look and feel my best and establish good habits that hopefully carry through years to come? On New Year's Eve, I registered (finally) for the Rock 'n' Roll marathon. I really like to run, and I figured forking over the hundred bucks to do this will really kick my butt into gear and start training. I even got my sister to (voluntarily, actually) join me! I think I am gonna start to keep a "running journal," like they had us do in cross country in high school where I basically keep track of what I eat each day that I run, and how my run felt as a result of what I ate. It also keeps me conscious of all the unnecessary crap I eat and how it can really negatively affect my workouts.

  • Be more direct with people. I have a really hard time saying "no" sometimes and making a decision that will make me happy. It all revolves around trying to please everyone and keep everyone happy. I'm a total nonconfrontational person, which I think can be good because a lot of times I can help mediate situations, but I really need to focus on being more direct, I think.

  • Really be persistent about saving money. This is usually something that comes naturally to me, and I want to keep at it this year. I've already made the decision to move home, which will help me astronomically, so this really shouldn't be a problem. I just wanted to write it down for myself, I guess. I'm really fortunate that I have the option to still live with my parents and save up all the money I would be paying in rent. I do appreciate the fact that my family still wants me there! Ha!


    And, I'm sure I'll think of many more, but at 1 a.m., that's about all my brain has time to process in words :)

    Happy New Decade, everyone!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment